Our Vision Statement
Trusting in the eternal goodness of God, and
Blessed by an abundance of God’s grace;
Aware of the poor and lonely in our backyard, and
Humble in the knowledge that our gifts, while many,
may only begin to make a difference;
We, at Westminster, nevertheless boldly commit ourselves to:
- serving each other and those in need in our congregation, our community, and across the world;
- partnering with our schools and teachers to educate all children and providing opportunities for young people to lead productive, fulfilling lives;
- caring for the vulnerable, the lost and the lonely;
- welcoming and including all God’s children;
- making Westminster vibrant in our community;
- promoting ecumenical and interfaith relationships, honoring differences, and joining in common cause to do good;
- protecting and renewing all God’s creation; the land, the water, the animals, and the people;
- acting with courage to bring peace, justice, and comfort to all; by
- joyfully worshipping, singing and praising God, who has created and loves us.
In making these commitments, we seek not to be “conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds so that we may discern the will of God”. We are always striving to grow as disciples.
For we as individuals and the Westminster congregation are blessed with unique talents and resources. Inspired by the example of our Lord, Jesus Christ we make a positive difference in the world; we alleviate suffering; and we discover hope where there is despair. We rejoice in God’s grace and goodness as we live in harmony with one another in God’s glorious creation.
“For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.” Amen