Welcome to

Westminster

About

Westminster

Our Pastor

& Staff

Our Mission

Our Vision

Announcements ​​ & ​​ Newsletters

We strive to​​ follow Jesus Christ by being…​​ Faithful to our covenant with God and each other

Westminster began in 1912 as a Sunday School outreach of Christ Presbyterian Church to the growing west side of Madison Wisconsin. Four years later, the school's numbers growing ever larger, there was a compelling need for a new west side church. In 1916 Westminster Presbyterian Church was chartered by the national Presbyterian Church.  During the next 35 years the church worshiped and served in the Monroe Street area.  As Westminster’s numbers continued to grow and the population of Madison continued to grow westward, the congregation felt the need for a larger building, and the church acquired the property at 4100 Nakoma Road. For more than 100 years of life as a congregation,​​ Westminster has served the community with love and grace, and, joining with partners of all faiths, reaching out to a hurting world.  Join us as we follow with faith in Christ.

Westminster is a member of Presbyterian Church U.S.A. (PCUSA), the​​ John Knox Presbytery, the​​ Synod of Lakes and Prairies​​ and the​​ Covenant Network​​ of Presbyterians.

 

COVENANT NETWORK

OF PRESBYTERIANS